Wolfgang R. Anderson – Retired
Mr. Anderson received his Undergraduate and Law Degree from the University of Washington. He also attended the University of Virginia where he studied Military Law.
Mr. Anderson is admitted to the US Supreme Court, Military Courts and all Washington Courts.
After graduating from the University of Washington School of Law in 1966, he joined the US Army as a Regular Army Captain as a Staff Judge Advocate. He was stationed for four years in his native Germany as a member of the 3rd Armored Division.
Mr. Anderson toiled for Seattle's major domestic relations firm, Jonson & Jonson, from 1970-1977. He started the firm of Anderson, Fields & McIlwain, Inc., P.S., P.S. in 1977 with H. Michael Fields.
Mr. Anderson has been a guest and/or lecturer on various television and radio programs, and has taught professional seminars for attorneys, as well as serving as a Judge Pro Tem, in both the Superior and District Courts.
Mr. Anderson wrote a book for the layman, Divorce, Dissolution And The End Of Relationships – What’s It All About?, detailing the law on various subjects from property division, custody, child support, maintenance, what the proceeding is all about, etc. Mr. Anderson’s book, AKA the “divorce bible”, explains everyone’s rights from A to Z. Mr. Anderson has also contributed articles regarding matrimonial law to professional journals.
Mr. Anderson has been delegated a Super Lawyer in Law & Politics in Washington State the years 2006 through the present.
He has had an “AV” rating with Martindale-Hubbell for 30 years. (AV means a significant rating accomplishment; a testament to the fact that a lawyer's peers rank him at the highest level of professional excellence).
Mr. Anderson has been voted one of America’s Best Lawyers by various groups throughout the years.
Wolfgang has also published a novel detailing a divorce between two judges titled Tomorrow Comes Twice.
He has also written a series of 14 books under the “Fartology” premise, expanding on client one-liners.
Areas Of Practice
- Washington, 1966
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Armed Forces, 1966
- U.S. Supreme Court, 1968
- U.S. Military Circuit Courts
- University of Washington School of Law, Seattle, Washington
- University of Virginia School of Law, Charlottesville, Virginia
- Military Law Degree (All Military Courts) - 1966
- Major: Military Law
- University of Frankfurt, Frankfurt/Main
- University of Washington, Seattle, Washington
- B.A. - 1964
- Major: Pre Law
- Divorce in Washington, Legalese Press, Numerous Articles
- Understanding Family Law in Washington
- The Poetry of Fart Logic
- Tomorrow Comes Twice, A Novel
- Divorce, Dissolution and the end of Relationships, What's It All About?
Honors and Awards
- Top Attorneys of North America, Who's Who
- Best Attorney Lifetime Charter Member
- Best Lawyers Business Edition
- Top 100 Lawyers, National Advocates
- Best Lawyers and Best Law Firms, U.S. News and World Report
- Top 10 Award, National Academy of Family Law Attorneys
- Super Lawyers
- Best Law Firms of America
- AVVO Lawyer Rating 10/10
- AVVO Clients' Choice
- 50 year Award of Distinguished and Honorable Service to the People of Washington, Washington State Bar
- Trial Masters the Seal of Experience
- AV Rating, Martindale-Hubbell
- 10 Best Client Satisfaction, American Institute of Family Law Attorneys
- Top Lawyer, The Global Directory of Who's Who
- The Best Lawyers in America
- Top Attorneys of North America-President's Circle-2019
- Expert Network Distinguished Lawyer
- Top 30 Lawyers, National Advocates
Professional Associations and Memberships
- US Army, Serving in the 3rd Armored Division, Captain, 1966 to 1970
- Federal Bar & US Supreme Court, Member
Past Employment Positions
- US Army JAG C, Captain, Nato Liaison, Prosecutor, 1966 to 1970
- Jonson & Jonson, Associate, 1970 to 1977
- US Army, Staff Judge Advocate
- Alpha Tau Omega
- Phi Alpha Delta